Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Attention: Pickle Lovers

Jessica, you can go ahead and stop reading now.

But for everyone else who loves pickles, specifically fried pickles, this post might interest you.

I love pickles.  Love everything about them, love almost every kind, especially bread and butter and this kind a friend of mine's mom makes.  soflippinggood.  

I especially love fried pickles.  I love anything fried, to be honest.  My mom keeps a deep fryer out on our counter.  I don't know how we all aren't dead with clogged arteries, except she really doesn't fry things that often.

Hands down, the best fried pickles are from The Vortex in Atlanta.  For two reasons:

A) they are cut into pickle spears

B) the special ranch sauce they have

Just look at them:

If I had twenty four hours to live, you better believe an IMMENSE amount of these fried pickles would be in my belly.
LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF RANCH THEY GIVE YOU.  I could eat just a bowl of that alone.

Amazing.  I could use a whole lot of inappropriate words here because they are THAT good.  Please, if you are ever in Atlanta and need a good place to eat, holla at your girl and I will meet you and we will split each get an order of fried pickles.  

Back to business, though.  I heard from a friend that Zaxby's now sells fried pickles.  My immediate reaction: Shut. Up.  If you are lucky enough to have a Zaxby's near you, you know how delish their menu is.  So you can only imagine how amazing their fried pickles must be, right?

Well, Paula (the friend who told me) and I planned on trying out these fried pickles on the same night so we could give a review of them.  Yes, we are that cool that we coordinate when to eat the same fast food meal so we can review it and talk about it.  

Anyway, here are my final thoughts on these suckers:

-They are pickle slices, not spears.  My favorite are spears, mainly cause you get more pickle.

-Zaxby's ranch is AMAZING, as usual.

-They were cooked pretty well done.  I was a little concerned they would be too crunchy/too breaded, but that was not the case.

Zaxby's new pride and joy

All in all, they were good.  Not my favorite, but definitely not the worst I've ever had.  I don't think I would go to Zaxby's to specifically order the fried pickles again, but I wouldn't pass up a Zaxby's fried pickle.  I would NEVER pass up a fried pickle.  What a travesty.

**BTW, Zaxby's did not pay me to do this post.  I would love it if they did, but nope, this is all my own opinion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS