Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Love Story


Because it's the day to celebrate love, because it's the day to indulge, because it's a Tuesday, I have a love story to share.

It's one of my love stories.

This love story began years ago.  And I mean years, like twenty.  I was five or six when I first became a Daisy Girl Scout.  Soon after, I graduated to being a full fledged Brownie.
  
Please excuse the green border.  This is from my scrapbook.

Oh yes.  That's me in all my glory.  And my one front tooth.  That's for another post- how I ended up with no front teeth and then fake teeth for several years.

One of the perks of being a Brownie is being the ONLY provider of a product akin to crack...

Girl Scout cookies.  

I fell in love.  Deep love.  Can't live without you love.  

Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-si-dos, Thin Mints.  I didn't care what its name was, I just knew I wanted it a part of my life forever.  

For-eh-va.  

Luckily, being a teacher means there are always girl scouts in my school.  I ordered some from one of my girls a few weeks ago.  And she delivered them today.



It was destiny.  One of my true loves delivered to me on Valentine's Day?  Oh thank you please.  

Don't worry, I actually made another order with another little girl.  Three more boxes are coming my way REAL soon.

And no, I will not be sharing.  

Happy love day!  I'll be spending my evening with Mr. Tagalong.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS