Monday, February 27, 2012

Cabin Weekend Recap

If I could bottle up this past weekend and sell it, I'd be a millionaire.

Only if everyone liked being stuck up on top of a mountain with their best friends, a hot tub, and some amazing food.

I thought so.

We headed up to the cabin right after work on Friday.  We proceeded to get completely lost within twenty minutes.  From my house.  I have lived in said house since I was 12, in the town I have lived in my ENTIRE life.  Okay, we really got lost in the next town over, but come on.  That's embarrassing.

It was not our fault, though.  Our directions weren't entirely clear, ok?

We eventually made it to the cabin after swinging by McDonald's in my least favorite county in Georgia, White County.  I had a double cheeseburger combo with a Dr. Pepper.  Danny had the Fish McBites for the first time and this was his excitement:



I'll trust that they were that good.  I don't eat fish, especially not from a fast food restaurant {I'll admit it, I'm a seafood snob}.

Anyway, once we got up close to the cabin, we had to drive up the most insanely steep drive EVER.  And it wasn't even paved.  I was driving and I was scared to death.  I am NOT a nervous driver.  I am a very confident driver, normally.

But I cried when we got to the top of the mountain I was so nervous and scared.  And promptly had a drink.  It was so scary.

I can sum up the next 36 hours with just a few phrases:

-Hot tub time.  I think the recommended time for being in a hot tub is 90 minutes at a time.  We spent way more than that.  Stephen and I spent a solid 4+ hours in there on Saturday.

-Lots of food and drinks

-Book club

-Amazing views like this one:



-Wearing sweatpants the entire time.  I only showered once (a hot tub counts for a shower, right?), I wore no makeup, and wore no decent clothes.  With that being said, there are no pics of me.  Sorry, charlie.  I know you were dying to see me in my glory of no makeup and bumming it.

We kind of got lost on the way back home, too.  We really just missed a turn, but it was a divine intervention because we saw the two most glorious fast food restaurants ever:

Krystal (the favorite of Stephen, Jessica, and myself)




Long John Silver's (Danny's...he was so happy to see this)



It was a fabulous weekend and so what I needed.  It was a soul renewal.  I got to unplug and recharge after going and going for the past several weeks.  Just what I needed before jumping in to a full week of work!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS