Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Earring Holder

NEWSFLASH: I'm not exactly known for my crafting abilities.  I'm pretty sure I've shared this before.

I don't know how to sew (not even a button), I would rather buy things than make them, and I get overwhelmed easily.  I'm also a perfectionist and a rule follower, which means I like to follow directions EXACTLY as they are given.

Still, I love to scrapbook and I, like any normal person, love Pinterest.  I found a cute idea on there recently and decided to tackle it this past weekend.



It's so easy, so cheap, and a quick project, too.  Waiting for the paint to dry takes the longest time!

The original tutorial is found here.  I've checked out their blog before, but I never saw the tutorial until Pinterest.  You can totally do the whole project without using a tutorial, and that's coming from someone who loves directions.

Here are my condensed directions:

Step 1: Paint your frame.  I didn't want a perfect looking frame (which goes against everything my perfectionism stands for), so I didn't take a lot of time here.  I also used some white craft paint, but of course you can use whatever color you want.  I let mine dry overnight.

Before

After

Step 2: Take your picture wire or craft wire and lay it over the width of the frame two or three times.  I used craft wire, but I think I will invest in some picture wire before I make another one.

Step 3:  Twist the wire some more to make it tighter.



You can kind of see the twisting here.

Step 4: Staple the wire to the back of the frame.  I also folded the wired back over the staple and twisted it some after I stapled it.  I used a staple gun and even though I was afraid I would staple myself (which I have done with a regular stapler), it was easy.  If you look closely on the back, you'll see that it does NOT look pretty at all.  Thankfully it's on the back.


Step 5:  Hang your earrings and you're done!!

I have since rearranged the earrings.  And this does not even make a dent in the number of earrings I have.

I love my final product.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS