Thursday, February 2, 2012

Where My Heart Is

I'm usually not so serious on this here blog.  I mean, come on, my favorite topics of late have been c-walking, Britney, and fried pickles.  I'm getting real deep, ya hear?

Kidding aside, I have something on my heart I want to share.

I went to Uganda in the summer of 2005.  I was twenty years old, halfway through college, and had just finished a year of school where I felt like I wanted to change everything- my major, the college I attended, and even the state I resided in.  It was a year of unresolved questions, changing friendships, and growing up.

Then, in July, I landed in Uganda for just over two weeks.  Strange men with massive, automatic machine guns met us on the tarmac.  It was an entirely different world than the Atlanta suburb I grew up in.

I loved every second of it.  I left a pretty big piece of my heart in Uganda.  I never imagined at ALL that I would ever love that country and the people there as much as I do.

I cannot describe the peace I had there.  I've been on several mission trips- and they are life-changing and I strongly suggest everyone who is a Christian to go on one- and there is always a moment on two where you just think, this is surreal.  My life right now is surreal.  God has brought me somewhere I never thought I would be and serving the Lord and others.  It's so overwhelming, it's hard to describe.

I had so many moments like that in Uganda.  I could describe some of them here, but it would take forever.

The people in Uganda are what I loved the most.  What an accepting, loving, friendly bunch of human beings.  The kids, especially.

So when I heard about Katie Davis and her book, Kisses from Katie, I knew I had to read it.  Then I saw this promo video for the book.


Please pray for Katie.  Pray for those girls that she is taking care of.  Pray for Uganda and the beautiful people of Uganda.  

She is amazing young woman and I am inspired by her.  Go read her blog and be blessed and inspired.

I'll be back tomorrow with some more ridiculousness, but for now, I'm sharing my heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS