I know everybody says this at the beginning of every month, but can you believe it's already March?
And, can you believe this cah-razy sweet weather we've been having in the A (or, the burbs of the A)?
74 degrees, sunny, PERFECT.
Let me tell you what's not perfect, though.
Here we go:
Savannah puts on one of the best St. Patrick's Day parade/festivities ever. Not that I really have anything to judge by, since I've only gone to Savannah's parade. We went as much as possible when I was a kid, even missing some school to go to the parade.
It was a lot of fun, but I didn't know how much fun it would be until I went with my best friends from college in 2006 and 2007. The trip in 2006 was epic, and I rarely use that word. But that's another story for another day.
Anyway, we haven't been since 2007 and when we all realized that St. Patty's Day was on a Saturday this year, we knew our plans were set. We found a place downtown within walking distance to fit all of us. It was really ugly on the outside (PINK!), but it worked. So we booked it, paid for it, the whole thing.
Last night I decided to do a little research on the place. THANK GOODNESS I DID. I came across this news story that the lady who owned the house was arrested back in November for scamming people. She had rented the house out a bunch of people and then screwed them over and nobody got their money back.
Well.
Guess she didn't learn her lesson. Homegirl's at it again and we are part of the scam. I forwarded the info to all my friends and one of them called the agency (which is a reputable agency, btw) that the house is listed through. They are being SUPER amazing and are giving us our money back, plus $100 extra, and are finding us a place to stay.
I'm really doubtful they're going to find one honestly (hotels rent out up to a year in advance for St. Patty's Day), but I'm hoping.
It's such a mess, but the great thing about my friends is we can have a total blast in all situations:
-without heat or air in a house with no furniture
-getting majorly lost
-at parties where we are not asked back (obviously we had too much of a blast for those lame-o's)
-in a town filled with the biggest rednecks and white trash you've ever seen
All true stories. I'm pretty sure we will kill it either way!




No comments:
Post a Comment