The weather here in Georgia has been absolutely gorgeous, agreed? Thankfully, I don't really suffer from allergies either.
My poor sister, on the other hand...she suffers BAD. In middle school and high school she got allergy shots a few times a week. She has lived in Savannah for the past couple of years and her allergies haven't been as bad. She moved back last Monday, and she has spent most of that time asleep because her allergies are now so bad. She will probably have to start getting shots again. That sucks.
But as for MEEEE, I've been out and about. I finally took my dogs to this park that's supposed to be really great. And it was. It was really nice and had a great little 2.2 mile loop around a lake. Or at least where I was. We've gone a couple of times this past week.
But oh my gosh. Please tell me you other dog owners deal with this issue: getting the dogs out of the car without breaking your neck.
It doesn't matter if I put the dogs leashes on before I leave my house or when I get to the park, vet, wherever, they act like it is the start of the Kentucky Derby. BOOM- they are out and on their way to who knows where.
| "Whatchu talking about, Mom? I never cause problems." |
I wish I had a video camera watching me on Saturday. It was so embarrassing. In my hand, I had my keys and a plastic bag just in case one of my dogs decided to do his business at the park (they never do, and I'm stuck carrying a dumb bag for 2+ miles all because I am a rule follower). I opened up the back of my 4Runner, and like a dummy, I had decided to wait to leash them. Well, try holding back two 80 pound dogs who want to go sniff all the people and other dogs around.
IT AIN'T EASY.
The bag flew away (I got it later), my keys fell on the ground, both dogs got out without their leashes and ran around my legs, I was holding one leash in between my knees while trying to catch both dogs from running to the people around me. It was a nightmare.
This lady walked by me with her two LITTLE dogs and said, "I'm glad to see it's not just me!"
Oh yes, thanks lady. That makes me feel so much better as one dog tries to wrap a leash around my legs and the other tries to pull hard and away. The obvious goal, of course, is to get me down on the ground. With a broken ankle and snapped neck.
Now how am I supposed to walk them in a wheelchair??
I finally got both leashed, picked up my keys and the runaway bag, and made it to the trail. We had a great walk, minus the fact Marley lifted his leg on every trash can and nearly every mile marker. That gets real annoying, real quick.
| "How dare you insinuate that I would ever behave less than perfect?" |
Both dogs love the walks, so even though it sucks getting them out of the car, it's worth it. {The whole experience is very reminiscent of Marley and Me, the movie.}
Are you having freakin' amazing weather, too?

1 comment:
I love Marley & Me! One of my favorite parts is when Marley is hanging out of the car window walking!
I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. I am a follower and would love for you to share you love with me! =)
Heather
Heather's Heart
Post a Comment