My friends and I were supposed to be in Savannah, but that didn't exactly go as planned. I still had to go to Savannah for the first meeting for Ecuador, so I headed down on Friday. I am so excited for Ecuador. Most of the same people from last year are going again. I've been on mission trips before and I've never been with a group that bonded and meshed so well. This year, I think the dynamics will be a little different since we know each other so well, but it will be an amazing trip nonetheless.
Since our original Savannah plans fell through, we decided to grill out in the early afternoon at Stephen's place in Athens and then head downtown that night. SO FUN. I went straight to Athens from Savannah.
We also played the most terrible game in the world, Ladderball. Y'all, I SUCK at this game. I'm terrible. Awful. You don't want to be my partner. It's like corn hole, except harder in my opinion.
| I'm really pale. And really bad at this game. |
| Kevin was the lucky one who got to be my partner. To be honest, he wasn't that great either. Haha. |
After hanging out for most of the day, Stephen's back porch turned into a salon so I could do makeup for Sherri and Paula and then hair for Sherri, Paula, Jessica, and Danny. And then my own, of course.
| My hair is crazy long here. Makes me not want to donate it in May. |
If I wasn't teaching, I'd totally become a hairdresser. I love doing other people's hair and my own. During the week, however, you'd never know that because I HATE getting ready in the morning. You're lucky if I've even dried my hair. Which I did not do today, fyi.
Anyway, downtown was supah fun. We felt really old in several places we went to (aka: 90's bar...we just wanted to dance to 90's music, not feel like creepers!) and we learned Jessica can't do basic math.
I drove nearly 600 miles this weekend. My ankles were so swollen from all of the traveling. I was NOT following my Weight Watchers diet at all.
But it was all worth it! Great St. Patrick's Day weekend in the books!

No comments:
Post a Comment