Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hotdogs and Movies

I just love weekends.  Who doesn't?

Like I mentioned before, I am dog/cat/house sitting, so I haven't been at home.  It's been nice to be completely alone, but I miss my dogs and my own house.

I had a very exciting Friday night: working the school spring dance!  It was so cute.  I worked concessions, so I didn't actually see the dance (and I'm glad, cause I stopped in briefly before I left and it was stuffy and HOT).  I did see some of my own students and some of my former students who came with their younger siblings.  I've only been teaching for five years, so my very first group of kids are in eighth grade.  Still, it's bizarre seeing my former little babies who are now just as tall as me.  I can't imagine what it will be like when my former students are seniors or in college!

Friday night we had some terrible weather.  I kinda summed that up here.

On Saturday, I did absolutely nothing until that night.  A friend and I went to go see This Means War.  It was really cute.  The movie had absolutely no depth whatsoever, but it was cute and funny.  And Chris Pine and Tom Hardy were very easy to look at.



But I found out two very important things about my friend:

1. She likes hot dogs from QT, too.  It's rare that I find someone who can appreciate the cuisine that QuikTrip (a gas station, for anyone who doesn't have a QT near you) offers.  My favorite hot dogs are from QT.  And you can get a hot dog and a huge fountain drink for less than two dollars.  Can't beat that.  AND they always have the cheapest gas.  And clean bathrooms and nice employees.

I am craving a hot dog and a fountain drink now.

2. She loves the Step Up movies.  I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I looooooooooove Step Up 2.  Love it.  I saw it four times in the theater.  I've never seen a movie that many times in a theater before.

I think our friendship was meant to be.

On Sunday, I kind of overslept and didn't make it to church.  Instead, I rested, graded some papers, and blogged.

Another great weekend!  Hope y'all had a fabulous weekend as well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS