Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Confessions

Guys.  I just had a freakout moment.  I have a MacBook.  It is my second one, and my fourth laptop in the past eight years.  I break computers like it's my job.  {By the way, if you were going to count hard drives, well, let's just say it would be a lot more four.  Definitely gone through my share of hard drives, even with a Mac.}

I was just looking at some junk on Pinterest, though, and my touchpad stopped working!  This has happened before, and I googled on my phone and found a trick that worked the last time.  All you do is hold your fingers on the touchpad like this for a few seconds.  And it's fixed!



Mostly.

Moving on.

Here's my weekly batch of confessions...



one.  you know how when a lot of crap piles up in your life?  Like stuff just gets DUMPED on you and it doesn't stop?  That's my life right now.  Lot of stuff going on at work, lot of stuff going on in personal life.  I need a balance!

two.  Speaking of getting stuff dumped on you, I think you can tell how a day is going to go based on how many emails you receive.  I know this may not seem like a lot to some people, but for me, it's ridiculous.  I got twenty emails by eight am.  8 am, yall.  School starts at 7:20.  Luckily, they did sort of taper off until that afternoon, thank goodness.

three.  I'm kinda thinking about shutting down my Pinterest account.  I've read some interesting articles lately about the copyright/legality of Pinterest and it's made me reconsider.  Here's one to check if you haven't already.

And combined with the fact my touchpad stopped working when I was on it?  I'm thinking I might be done with Pinterest soon.

four. I hate they way my blog looks right now.  I want it simple but this is TOO simple.  I'm just too lazy to go look for a blog designer, though.

five.  I sometimes feel like I'm not a good blogger.  I don't have a Twitter account (and most likely never will), I don't have a Facebook page for my blog, I don't sponsor other blogs or do sponsors, I don't go to blogging conferences (although Blissdom sounded pretty fun).  I've thought about sponsoring, but the only reason I would do that is if I really wanted a huge reader base.  And I'm not sure I do want a blog like that.  I think I would feel obligated to post all the time and to cater to my readers and not what I wanted to post about.  Already I censor myself somewhat because you never know who reads your blog.

Go confess and link up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS