Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bachelorette Weekend!

A couple weekends ago, we celebrated my bff Jessica's upcoming nuptials.  A few of us girls headed up to Paula's parents' cabin to hang out for the weekend.  Good news:  I did NOT cry when I got up to the top of the mountain.  My hands were shaking, but I did not cry.

Sherri couldn't join us Friday night because of a class requirement, so it was just Jessica, Paula, Danielle, and me.  As soon as we got to the cabin, the celebration started.  Drinks were flowing.  I gave everyone the wine glasses I decorated.



Danielle got Jessica the cutest shot glass.  I don't have a picture, but here is one from ebay:


A round of Nertz got the evening started right.  I dominated, of course.  I may not be good at a lot of things, but I am awesome at Nertz.  Just saying.  

We finished the night off with some time in the hot tub.  No pictures of that because a hot tub does nothing for your hair or makeup.

On Saturday morning, we woke up and headed to Ocoee, Tennessee to go whitewater rafting.

SO. MUCH. FUN.

Seriously, our guide, Ky, was so awesome.  We lucked out for sure.  He was hilarious, he made jokes the whole time, and he looked out for Paula.  Paula had never been rafting before and was scared she was going to die.  She cried within two minutes of getting on the raft because she laughed so hard when she fell off her seat.

At one point, it was really calm on the river, so we jumped in.  Big mistake.  I felt like I was channeling Jack in Titanic.  That water was ridiculously cold.  Maybe that would have been a better idea in May or June.

No other group got as wet as us, and no other group had as much fun as we did.  Ky, we will be back!!

After rafting, we grabbed some lunch and headed back for a chill afternoon and evening.  More hot tub time and then we crashed.  Rafting WEARS you out.  

After I made breakfast for everyone, we headed back home.  The weekend flew by and I am so glad (inside joke from our lunch) we got to celebrate with Jessica!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

those wine glasses are way too cute! love them

Unknown said...

love the wine glasses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS