Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

My weekend started off with a BANG.  I forgot to set my real alarm clocks and my phone alarms didn't go off at all.  I woke up twenty minutes after I normally leave for work.  My sister opened my door and asked, "Are you going to work?"

I asked, "What time is it?"

Her reply: "6:40."

To which I said some words which probably shouldn't be repeated.  I splashed water on my face, put some clothes on, threw my hair up in a ponytail, and ran out my door.  I live thirty minutes from work and had to call the school to get someone to cover my class for the first few minutes.

What a way to start the day, right?  And it didn't get much better and that's all I'll say.

I finally got to take a shower when I got home, but before that I had some delicious McDonald's.  I'd been craving it ever since I saw that picture of Britney at Mickey D's.  It was worth it.  I love me some McDonald's, especially some fries.

Later on that evening, I went over to a friend's house and we watched all three Step Up movies.  SO GOOD.  Seriously.  The acting may be sub-par (I'm talking to you, Jenna Dewan), but the dances are amazing.

I have mad respect for dancers.  And I don't really mean the dancers who just follow a choreographed routine- that can look cool too.  I'm talking about the crazies who come out with random insane freestyle dances on their own that look good.

Looking good is important, you know.  I can freestyle myself, but I can guarantee it will not look good.

I tend to ramble.

Moving on.

Saturday.  Cinco de Mayo.  Five years ago, I graduated from Berry College on Cinco de Mayo.  One of the best nights of my life and one of the funnest parties ever thrown.  Some of the best stories ever have come from that party.




And to celebrate being a college graduate for five years?  I treated myself to one of the most uncomfortable clothing items ever.

Spanx.  I'm so thoughtful, right?

Actually I didn't.  I changed my mind.  I had every intention of getting one for the wedding I'm in next weekend, but I tried on the bridesmaid dress for my mom and she said I didn't need one.

She did, however, tell me I needed a tan.  WHICH MADE ME MAD because I spent way too much time last week deciding whether or not I need a spray tan.  I decided against it.  And then my mom goes and makes me second guess my decision.

So now I don't know what to do.  I don't want to be orange OR splotchy, but I also don't want to be nasty pale!  My neighborhood pool just opened up, so I'll probably go lay out some this week...I just have to watch myself and not burn.

WHY ARE DECISIONS SO HARD TO MAKE???

Boo.

Okay, so Sunday was great.  Church, some walking at the park with my pups, ran some errands, graded some papers.  Beautiful weather, all weekend really.  Just how Sundays should be.

Both pups passed out on my bed.  These are the same positions where they sleep every night.

I always say I'll go to bed early on Sunday nights, but I never do.  At least I set all my alarm clocks though!  {And yes, I say ALL...I have two physical alarm clocks set and then five alarms on my phone...I am a very heavy sleeper...it's ridiculous!}

How was YOUR weekend??  Let me know!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS