Monday, May 14, 2012

Chicken Caesar Wraps...Just Like Chick-fil-a's!

I'm not a good cook.  I get stressed out easily in the kitchen.  Too many ingredients, too many specific directions, too much time, etc.

If I do venture out my comfort zone and make something, it has to be quick, easy, and just a few ingredients.  {Which is why I love my hot pepper cheese quesadillas.}

I recently had a chicken caesar wrap from Chick-fil-a for the first time.  It was delicious and it looked relatively easy to make.

So, I attempted to recreate the wrap at home.  And what do you know, it is flipping easy to make and tastes just as good.

Here's what you'll need:

whole wheat tortillas
shredded parmesan cheese (in a bag, not the canister stuff)
romaine lettuce
grilled or sauteed chicken cut into pieces or shredded
Cardini's Original Caesar dressing (this is the most important thing to make it taste like Chick-fil-a's)

It's so ridiculously easy.

1. Lay the lettuce out onto the flat wrap.

Two things: 1- I'm not a food blogger and do not take amazing pictures of my food.  2- I was at the end of the bag of lettuce when I made this wrap.  I normally use the darker, fresher looking pieces of lettuce.
2. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.



3. Add your chicken.



4. Roll it up and it's ready to go.  When I take these for lunch, I pack the dressing separate and just add a little to each bite so the wrap won't get soggy during the day.  When I make these at home to eat right away, I pour some dressing on the wrap before I roll it up.



I still haven't figured out how to roll the wrap up without it busting out on the sides.  It's messy whenever I do that.  I'm thinking I need a bigger, thicker wrap because I really don't put a ton of ingredients.

Also, the wrap itself is pretty healthy.  The salad dressing, on the other hand, is totally not.  You could substitute it for a light or low fat dressing, or skip it altogether if you wanted less calories.

I promise you, this is easy and quick!  When I have the chicken pieces prepared ahead of time, it takes me less than five minutes to make AND clean up.

Enjoy it!  Are there any other wraps I should try out?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummy! I love making these, but have the same problem with the all the stuff falling out.

Let me know if you figure out the trick.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS