Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer TV

This evening it is hot and humid in Georgia.  The kind that it makes me sick to walk outside, but also the kind that I crave in mid-January.

Know what I mean?

Anyway, today was the kind of day where I truly, honestly love summer.  I did absolutely nothing, except cleared out some of my DVR.

I woke up, ate breakfast, fell back asleep for an awesome morning nap, ate a little lunch, and then parked myself on my bed for the rest of the day.

My view for most of the day.  Don't hate on my tv from high school.

Do I feel bad for wasting the day away?

Absolutely not.

During the school year, I usually don't have time for tv.  Well, I haven't for the past two years because I've been finishing my master's and then getting my gifted endorsement.  So I usually DVR all my favorite shows and wait until I have a break to catch up.

I typically don't have any shows to watch, NCIS being the exception, until spring and summer.  Then it's television overload.  I don't know how you people do it with all of your shows year round!!

Here are my favorite spring/summer shows, in no particular order:

1. NCIS.  I'm finishing up this last season right now.

All show pics via Google 

2. Deadliest Catch.  I really don't know why I love this show so much.  I got hooked the summer after I graduated college and now watch every episode, every season.



3. Design Star.  I loooooovvvveee this show.  I only watch three competition reality shows and I always make time to watch this one.  David Bromstad also needs to be my best friend.  I'm pretty sure we would get along like bffl.  That's best friends for life, fyi.



4. So You Think You Can Dance.  The second competition reality show I watch.  I got hooked on to this show when I lived in Athens.  Now I watch it every season, but I haven't seen a performance that can top this one with Alex and Twitch.  I can't find a video that will embed, so you can go HERE to watch it.



5. America's Best Dance Crew.  And the final competition reality show.  I wish I was a hip hop dancer, for real.  I am in awe of people who can move and create like that.  I took a hip hop dance class in Athens a few years ago and liked to pretend that I was part of a crew.  I was not, clearly, but it was so much fun.  My favorite season was season three with Quest Crew, but this season is pretty good.



Any other must-watch summer tv I should know about?

1 comment:

Erika said...

That is THE perfect description of yesterday's weather. 400% humidity. Yech. I think your day of relaxation and TV catch-up sounds fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS