Monday, June 18, 2012

The Weekend Wrap-Up

Hellllloooo, ladies.  It's Monday and I'm loving life.  Probably because I have no plans today.

This silly boy is currently snoring next to me.


Anyway, my weekend can be summed up in a few words:  karaoke, shady, awkward, and movies.  Fun times, right?  Let me explain.

Karaoke.  Friday night, we headed out to a bar in the downtown area that had a karaoke night, plus this "DJ".  DJ, not so much.  Karaoke, yes.  I LOVE karaoke bars.  LOVE them.  Every now and then (aka, if I have enough to drink) I will go karaoke myself.  But I really just like watching people do their thing- and there were some interesting people doing their thing that night.

At the karaoke bar...also, SHORT HAIR!

Shady. In one of our finer/embarrassing moments, we went this other bar after the karaoke place.  Because there is nothing else to do in this town we were in.  Y'all.  This was the seediest, shadiest bar I have EVER been to.  And I've been to a lot of bars.  I wish I could show you a picture, but I felt like if I took a picture at the bar a) my phone/camera would have gotten stolen b) I would have been beat up and c) I don't want a photo reminder that I was there.  We stayed less than ten minutes.

Awkward. Saturday we went to Chattanooga and went on a brewery "tour".  Okay, when I think of a brewery tour, I think of places like Sweet Water Brewery in Atlanta and Terrapin Brewery in Athens.  You know, nice outdoor area to hang out, a legit brewery in a large warehouse type thing.

Not the case.  First of all, we couldn't even find the brewery because it was that small.  Second of all, I think we walked in on some get together.  Third of all, the actual brewery?  Try a dirty basement.  But at least the beer wasn't too bad.


Sorry for the cell phone picture.  But my hair!  It's short!

Movies.  Basically I watched a lot of movies this weekend.

                                           

All in all, it was a good weekend.  How was yours?

2 comments:

Jenn @ Party of One said...

Looooove karaoke bars! The more of a dive bar- the better :) Usually I'm just laughing, er, watching everyone else but occasionally I'll get up there and do it myself! Glad you had a good weekend, lady!

Jamie said...

I love all four of those movies. You have great taste!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS