Wednesday, November 7, 2012

49 Days Away

Guess who is SO FREAKING EXCITED for Christmas?

I'll give you a hint.  She is really loud, she cannot cook, and she loves crappy music.  Oh, and her name starts with an E and ends with lise.

Yeah, that would be me.  Seriously, people, I have never been more excited.  It might be because I have my own house this year and I can decorate it how I want.

But not really, because I love my parents' house at Christmas more than anything.  My mom seriously decorates every flat surface and some walls, too.  IT'S AMAZING.

I have this rule that I don't listen to Christmas music until December 1st, but I think that's flown out the window since Backstreet Boys Christmas music and Justin Bieber Christmas music has already been played.

So anyway, I have a few things pinned on my Christmas board on Pinterest that I really want to make happen this year.

One- this tree skirt.  I've read the tutorial and it doesn't seem too hard, since it uses hot glue.  I am the queen of hot glue.  My whole entire Halloween costume was hot glued and I've hemmed some pants at work with hot glue before.

Source: doneoverdecor.blogspot.com via Elise on Pinterest

Two- this mantle.  I love the symmetry, the ornaments, the realistic garland, and the lighting.  I have none of that, but I am hoping to replicate it.  It seems easy enough.


Source: flickr.com via Elise on Pinterest


Three- this tree.  I will have a real tree this year.  I already have a spot picked out for it.  It's not Christmas without a tree, right?




Who else is with me?  Who else is ready for Christmas??  I love me some Thanksgiving traditions, but I'm so pumped for Christmas!!!

























2 comments:

Laura Darling said...

I am so ready. In fact, I almost put up my tree this week. I decided it might be a little early, but honestly, I don't know how much longer I can wait!

cynthia said...

I've got to take down my Halloween stuff (this weekend), but ready to get Christmas stuff up! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS