Remember how I said before I'm not a huge baker because most things I mess up and if I don't mess them up, I'm too busy stressing about screwing it up?
Well, part of that stems from when I made sugar cookies in high school. They were from a recipe (not break and bake or the roll that you just slice). When the cookies were out of the oven and cooled, I tried one. And immediately spit it out. They tasted DISGUSTING. Like worse than a dog bone. Or worse than what I imagine one would taste like. As I was trying to figure out what in the world went wrong, I spotted a crucial ingredient still sitting on the counter.
The sugar.
Yours truly made sugar cookies without the sugar.
Now if that had been the only time something like that happened, I'd probably be more into baking. But it hasn't.
Needless to say, I don't have a lot of recipes I can pull from.
There is one, cookie, however, I have made successfully a few times. Jif's Peanut Butter Cookies. Pure deliciousness. You can check them out over here, but I've also listed the recipe below. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter ShorteningOr 1 stick Crisco® Butter Shortening Sticks
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sugar for dipping
- Crisco® Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
- COMBINE shortening, peanut butter, 1 cup sugar and powdered sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Dip 1/2 of each ball into sugar. Place sugar side up, 2 inches apart on sheet. Flatten with floured fork.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.

1 comment:
YUM! THanks for sharing!
Post a Comment