I've gotten a bit behind on the Christmas blog challenge, but tonight is a chill night for me, so I'm going to get caught up.
Day 9: Favorite Holiday Recipe
Um, I don't cook. Or bake. Or anything of the like. When I lived on my own in college and in Athens, I'd say 90% of the meals I would eat (that were actually at home) were frozen meals and bagged meals. If they were not, they were a rotation of some EASY meal that I know. I leave the baking up to my mom and sister, because I get too stressed out with baking. Seriously. I've screwed up a lot of recipes before and now I just get anxious when I make something- did I include all ingredients, the right amount, the right kind of flour or salt, blah blah blah.
With that being said, I LOVE holiday food. I love food in general, but holiday food...SO GOOD. And y'all. I can't pick just one recipe...plus, I don't know any recipes. So can I get back to y'all on this? I'll think on this over the weekend, find a recipe and post it.
Sorry for being a slacker blogger!
---------------------------------------------------------
Day 10: Favorite Christmas Songs/Carole
Funny you should ask...for the past two years, one of my best friends and I have wrote, sang, and recorded Christmas songs onto a CD to give to our friends. They're to Christmas songs (Silent Night, Angels We Have Heard on High, etc.), but we have recorded the music using a piano and a recorder. Classic, I know. Then we write our own lyrics and sing to the music. The lyrics are the best part- one song is about our friends, another is about crappy Christmas gifts, another is about Hanukkah...I'm sure this is sounding quite ridiculous right now, and to be honest, it is. But it was super fun to make those CD's and listen to them with our friends. It's our own version of Christmas caroling.
But, seriously...favorite Christmas song is this one right here...
Love it! And yes, I am cheating on my all time favorite boy band, Backstreet Boys, but this song is a classic. I listen to it everyday on the way to work in December.
Well, that's about it. I'm super excited about this weekend. Well, only part of it. Friday night I am going to a Toys for Tots event. I'll be sure to take pictures and post about it later!

1 comment:
I LOVE how I knew your favorite Christmas song before I even looked! I'm so good. And I love that song, too! And I was an N'Sync girl!
Post a Comment