Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Waste of My Time

Have you ever one of those days where you plan to be super productive?  Like you get up early, you make phone calls, change appointments, make appointments, run errands, and just get stuff done?  

Yeah, I didn't have that kind of morning.  

I had all intentions to be super productive.  I did call the vet and my dentist and change my two appointments (one for my kitty and then my teeth cleaning of course, although my kitty really should be the one that needs the dentist- her teeth are Diiii-sgusting).  I guess when I stepped outside and left my house that's when it all went downhill.

I had several things to get done today and my first stop was the bank.  My insurance changed when I got a new car and I actually got a refund check.  It wasn't much, but it was something.  However, I'm still on my parents' car insurance because my premium is cheaper since my parents have like, eight thousand things insured.  Anyway, the check was addressed to me and my parents, but that's never been a problem before.  Except today.  Miss Rule-Follower wouldn't let me deposit my check unless BOTH of my parents were with me to deposit the check.  What am I, fifteen?  That has never happened before.  My parents don't have time to both come with me to deposit a fifty dollar check.  Plus, they've always been able to just sign the back of the check and that will be good.  So, I left politely, a little annoyed, and headed on to my next destination.  Also, I called my mom and she had never encountered that problem before.  And my mom is on a first name basis with her and my dad's banks because of their business.

Next stop, new tag for my car.  Well, I had already been by once and the dealership hadn't transferred the title.  So I walked on in and found out they STILL haven't transferred it.  Meaning, I wasted my time.  There was no point in me stopping by the tag office.  Apparently, the dealership will mail you some kind of notification that they have transferred the title.  I was not informed of that, though.  All in all, my second errand did not get accomplished.

The third thing I needed to do was exchange a movie.  I got two copies of one of the most amazing movies ever...


Such a great movie, but two copies is more than enough.  So I hit up Best Buy to exchange the movie.  I didn't have the receipt (it was a gift), so I expected either store credit or an exchange.  

Before I continue, let me say this.  I worked in retail.  I understand it sucks dealing with customers.  I understand people are rude to you for no reason.  I understand how hectic it is around Christmas, especially at a store like Best Buy.  I understand there are store policies and I respect them.

HOWEVER, I still want to return my damn movie.  But apparently, if they don't carry the movie, Best Buy will not exchange the movie or allow you to return it.  Period.  WTF?  Some customer service, Best Buy.  Wal-Mart will take back ANYTHING.  Target is super flexible.  Barnes and Nobles will even let you return books (although I've never understood that...what if you were totally dishonest, read the book, and then returned it?)  And because Best Buy doesn't carry Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion (even though it was purchased there...), they wouldn't take it back.  So, I yelled and screamed, pitched a fit a two year old would be proud of, kicked open the door on the way out, and went home.  Really, though, I just walked out fuming.  

So, I stopped by Chick-fil-A, got a delicious number one combo with a Dr. Pepper, and went home and am currently in bed watching tv.  

I think the moral of the story here is that I am just meant to have a life spent lying around, watching movies, and doing jack shit.  Cause clearly when I try to do otherwise, it backfires.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Sorry about all that bad luck. I think the thing that pisses me off is the deposit. That doesn't make any sense. I share an account with my mom and that never ever happens.

Anyway, you forgot the moral of Chick-fil-A never fails you and has the best customer service of ANY establishment!

Miss Kindergarten said...

Hahha, I love this! I totally feel your pain with returning mishaps! But lying in bed, watching tv and doing nothing is the perfect remedy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS