I apologize in advance for this INCREDIBLY long post, but I just have to share about my amazing Nashville experience.
So, as I have mentioned about a thousand times, I went to Nashville on Monday to see the one and only Garth Brooks. I went with my friend Paula. Before we went to the concert on Monday night, we checked out some of the sights of Nashville.
When we got there, we hit a coffee shop near Vanderbilt University- Fido. I just had a bagel, but it was really good!
Then we hit up the Country Music Hall of Fame. Side note, this may not be funny because you just might have had to be there, but we had to pay to to park in a lot across the street. Well, Paula got out a twenty dollar bill and was trying to insert it in the credit card slot, even though it was CLEARLY marked for credit cards. Then she way overpaid and realized too late that the machine did not give change. I laughed really hard. Anyway, the Country Music Hall of Fame was super cool. Check it out-
| Lyrics to Jolene!! |
| Silver Dollar car |
| One of Elvis' robes Sorry for the terrible quality pictures, I had my flash off. If you are into country music, you've got to check out the Country Music Hall of Fame. So much history and information there- I especially loved the Tammy Wynette exhibit and the Hank Williams exhibit. After the Hall of Fame, we checked out Broadway and some of the shops. For lunch, we hit up Broadway Brewhouse, where I had a delicious burger and fries (my first one of three in 24 hours, btw). After lunch, we checked into our hotel and I took a nap. I had to rest up for the most amazing concert of my life. Seriously, y'all. Garth Brooks puts on a show like you can't even imagine. And he had no props, no crazy gimmicks, no back up dancers, no crazy stuff. He came out singing "Rodeo" and did not stop for two hours. He played every single one of my favorites, and more. The only song I wanted to hear but didn't was "Standing Outside the Fire." Concert pictures aren't the best, but here are some- Garth on stage! The really close up shots are from the Jumbotron things. Oh, wait, who is that you ask? Trisha Yearwood!! She came and sang a duet with Garth (couldn't tell you the name- I didn't recognize it, honestly), then sang "She's In Love With The Boy" and "How Do I Live," which were both just amazing. After the second encore, yes, second, she came back out and sang "Walkaway Joe." Loved every minute of it!! Okay, so about halfway through the concert, Paula and I noticed everyone looking behind us (the box suites were right above us), so naturally, we checked it out too. And guess who we saw?? Ronnie Dunn from Brooks and Dunn!! But, then, a few minutes later, I turned back around and guess who was right there too?? Yes, ma'am, that is the one and only Reba McEntire. I died. Fancy, don't let me down, anyone? She was jamming out to Garth Brooks and when she noticed everyone checking her out and staring, she waved so nicely. Then, on the way out, some people ahead of us hollered her name and she just said, "Wasn't that great?!" Seeing Reba McEntire (and Ronnie Dunn, but let's be honest. Reba. McEntire.) was the cherry on top to the best concert of my life and the best night of 2010. That's a strong statement, I know, but it's the damn truth. So, how can you really continue after seeing the greatest performer ever and spotting Reba McEntire fifteen feet behind you? You can't, but I did. After the concert we went to eat at Big River Grille, where I had my second burger and fries (IMHO, not as good as the one at Broadway Brewhouse) and then went back to the hotel and crashed. The next morning before we headed out, we stopped by the Ryman Auditorium (the original Grand Old Opry) and toured it. I saw some Dolly Parton paraphernalia and met the sweetest old man who worked there. It was really (having a hard time coming up with a good word) neat to see the stage. Plus, they were setting up for Vince Gill and Amy Grant to perform that night! Dolly Parton's dress Some of Johnny Cash's stuff The Ryman Auditorium And then we packed up, headed home, made a pit stop in Chattanooga for ANOTHER burger at Cheeburger Cheeburger, hit some Atlanta traffic, and finally got home. Well, after that epic post, I'm going to end this. For those of you that stuck to the end, yay! For those of you that didn't, well, you're not reading this anyway. Two days til Christmas, y'all! |



2 comments:
Wow, sounds like an amazing show. I've seen Trisha live a bunch of times but never Garth and it's especially exciting that you saw Reba in the audience. Cool!
I would like to point out that I made an honest mistake when you think about how EXCITED I was to be in Nashville! I was just in a hurry to see the greatest show ever!
Also, I want to note that I respectfully disagree with the burger rankings. It is undeniable, though, that we had some AMAZING food!
Post a Comment