Thursday, December 16, 2010

Working 9 to 5

I'm so freaking exhausted.  I was just kinda rude to my mom because I'm so overwhelmed, overworked, and way too tired.  And now I feel bad.  So instead of heading to bed early, what am I doing?  Blogging.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I've been in a funk recently about Christmas.  I've just realized it has to do with a few different things that are actually totally unrelated to Christmas, but I'm not going to spend this post talking about something that brings me down.

I'm going to talk about Dolly Parton.

Dolly Parton Images

I love her.

You gotta love her.  She makes no apologies for who she is and she is completely honest.  Plus, she's so giving, especially to the area where she is from.  

Tomorrow I am playing the Magic School Bus Holiday Special video for my class and Dolly Parton has a guest "appearance" in the video.  The first time I saw the video (which was just earlier this week), I got so excited because I didn't know she was a guest.  She talks about recycling and all the benefits of recycling.  I cannot wait to play the video tomorrow!

And right now I am listening to The Very Best of Dolly Parton.  That CD ALWAYS puts me in a good mood.  And I needed to be in a good mood.  It's a really hard choice for favorite Dolly song- either "Jolene" or "Island in the Stream."  LOVE them both.

Sadly, though, I've never been to Dollywood.  I'm thinking a road trip is order soon.

Anyone else out there a Dolly fan?  What's your favorite Dolly song?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS