Well, first up on this lovely Tuesday, I've got a book review of our April book club choice...
![]() |
| Hector and the Search for Happiness |
The Plot: Hector is a psychiatrist and through his patients, realizes people are quite unhappy in this world. Including himself. He sets off on a trip around the world to find out what constitutes happiness. Can anyone ever really define happiness?
My Thoughts: As with every month's book club pick, I really liked this book. I have to say, we've all done a great job of picking good books. I chose May's pick and now it puts a little pressure on me! Anyway, this book was really general and non-specific. The author never really said what country Hector was from, he never specified what country in Africa he visited, he never specifically named Ying Li's (or as we called her at book club discussion, Yuengling) profession. I think the author totally does that on purpose. It's a little easier to relate to, I guess.
As far as Hector's actual search for happiness, he comes to some pretty accurate happiness conclusions. I wish I could take some time off from work and travel around the world to find happiness. Do I personally think you can define happiness? No. It's very relative to one person. But I do think you can list things that make people happy and generalizations about happiness.
Has anyone read this book?
****************************************
On a totally unrelated note, my cat Emmy is the sweetest, friendliest cat ever. She will let me do anything to her and loves me to death. My other cat, Maverick, is viewed by most as the spawn of the devil, but whatever. It's all relative, right?
This may be slightly embarrassing, but a little embarrassment never killed anyone. I have this baby bonnet that I used to dress my cat Maverick up in when he was a kitten and I was little (fifteen years ago!). I kept it, because I keep everything.
So on Easter Sunday, I put Emmy in it (because Maverick won't even let me touch him now without growling, hissing, and biting me). And, since it was Easter, and you can't have Easter without eggs, I gave her some eggs.
See?
Is that not precious or what??
Also, let me know if the picture doesn't work. It's from my phone and last time I tried to upload a phone picture, it didn't work.
Happy Tuesday!!



1 comment:
WHAT A PRECIOUS KITTY!!!! haha... that just cracks me up. So. That book intrigues me... but I'm so staunch that it's hard for me to read about things that I consider to be things of God. On another note...Can I recommend Water for Elephants to you? I've been loving it.
Post a Comment