It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for you. My sleep has been lacking all week. Last night I worked a school dance and got home around nine. I was in bed and passed out within an hour. Yeah, I did wake up at six am, but having rested for over eight hours, I totally didn't mind.
Anyway, guess what today is?
The last day of my no eating out for 90 days!!! Which means yours truly will be stuffing her face tomorrow at a restaurant. Here and here explain why I gave up eating out for so long.
I should clarify something real quick. I did allow myself 1 "cheat" each month. I did that because in February I already had dinner plans with friends that I don't see that often. In March, I was going out of town and I knew it was going to be really hard to not eat out at least once while on the road. I was totally prepared for the other meals, though- I brought a sandwich, some snack foods, and some easy breakfast options. And in April, I haven't eaten out once. Boom.
This last week has literally been the hardest week out of the entire three months. February was a breeze and that's why I extended it to make it ninety days. But knowing I'm THISCLOSE to getting to eat out- ugh, killer.
With all that being said, I am making a countdown of my top 5 favorite food items I have missed and cannot WAIT to eat starting tomorrow.
Okay, wait, I've gotta make it ten. Sorry. This girl hates to cook and loves to eat out.
10. Chicken fingers with honey mustard. I don't care where these come from (except Chili's- I hate their chicken fingers). I just want some chicken fingers and a LOT of honey mustard.
| Source |
9. Whopper Junior with no lettuce, tomato, or onion. Burger King has got something going on with their deliciousness. I hate their fries, but I'm pretty sure their Whopper Jr. is heaven.
8. Speaking of heaven, I can't wait to eat a thick, juicy burger from Five Guys. And some fries. If you don't have a Five Guys near you, you are so missing out. Petition the company to build one. So dang good.
| Source |
7. Welcome to Moe's!! I'm not that exciting when it comes to trying to foods. Once I find something I like, I stick with it. And do I ever like a super kingpin (basic cheese quesadilla) from Moe's with their delicious chipotle ranch. Nom nom nom.
6. Waffle House. Duh. I'll take a waffle, an egg and cheese sandwich, a sausage biscuit, and a side of pickles. Thanks. (Also, I've just heard they are building a TWO STORY Waffle House in Athens. Hold the phone. I will be there when it opens.)
5. Mexican- like the chicken fingers, I don't really care where from. I just want some chips and salsa, cheese dip, a cheese quesadilla, and maybe a tasty margarita. There are seriously like five Mexican places all within ten minutes of my house. I don't think this one will be a problem to satisfy.
4. Double Cheeseburger with no onions with fries and a Dr. Pepper- McDonald's. Say what you want about this grease city, but I can never abandon my double cheeseburger. And hello. Their fries are the BEST, hands down.
3. Hot wings- preferably from one of these three places: Joe's on Juniper, Stone Creek Tavern, or Buffalo's. I like mine hot with extra sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.
2. Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit. It's my staple at least once a week. Or it was before February. There was always the same lady working in the morning. I can't WAIT to see her and the food she will be handing me come Monday morning.
![]() |
| Does this not look AMAZING? |
1. Chick-fil-A number one combo with a Cherry Coke and buffalo sauce. This is my absolute favorite and this is Monday night's dinner. I don't know if you can understand how excited I am. I probably should be a little embarrassed at how excited I am over fast food, but I don't care!! At first I was really annoyed when I realized May 1st fell on a Sunday and I'd have to wait another day to eat Chick-fil-a, but it will be even more satisfying then.
| I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. |
Okay, I'm already feeling the weight I'm going to gain and the arteries that will be clogged by eating all this junk. And I'm also realizing I really like fast food. That's ok, though, right?
Happy Saturday and go eat out somewhere delicious for me, okay?


5 comments:
You have some amazing willpower to go that long! And only one meal out while out of town? That's fantastic!
I am so happy that you could go so long without eating out! We eat out way too much here! We could save some serious money not eating out!!! :) Maybe I'll have to try that!
Um, chick fil a, all the way. Hands down the best fast food ever, and eating there twice in one day is definitely something I would do... that is so awesome that you did that for so long!
Stacey, when February was over I was SHOCKED by how much money I had saved!! It was a huge motivator to keep going for two more months!!
don't worry.... i'll never get to my goal weight either. and i'm so shocked and appalled at those Wendy's commercials that I refuse to eat there.. because claiming you have better fries that mcdonald's is a travesty to the fat people of the world (more specifically, me).
Post a Comment