I can't believe there's just ten days left in this challenge! This has been the busiest, craziest last twenty days. I'm hoping these next ten will be a little calmer.
Ok, onto the challenges...
Day 19 – What is something you hope never changes about you?
Hmm, this is kinda hard. Because it makes you think about yourself in a positive way and then I just feel really conceited and braggish (is that a word??) when I talk about myself positively. And then that makes me sad, because women shouldn't feel BAD when they think positively about themselves. It seems like it's more expected for women to dog themselves instead of talk about how AWESOME they are.
When I was interviewing for my current job, the principal at that time was interviewing me and she asked me to list my strengths and weaknesses. I had no problem listing my weaknesses, but my strengths? I sat there and couldn't come up with anything for some LONG seconds. When I finally said something, I felt ridiculous.
I would bet money that any man would have no problem talking about their strengths in a job interview. Don't they say that men often get higher raises more often because they project more confidence and EXPECT that they'll get it because they think they're so great?? (And I don't know who "they" is, but I've read that in some magazine.)
I'm going to step off my soapbox about women and self-esteem and save it for another post, so, let's talk about how AWESOME I am.
Here's what I hope never changes:
-my love for Britney, Dolly, and Celine- specifically her song "My Heart Will Go On" (trust me, though, this will never change)
-my love of days where I don't have to shower- TMI?
-my faith
-the fact I don't take myself that seriously
-my hair color. It's a reddish, auburnish color and I hope it never fades. I love that I've never dyed or highlighted my hair at all.
-the fact that I have NO food allergies. If I developed an aversion to peanuts or seafood, I'd die. Because I'd eat a peanut butter sandwich with shrimp and then suffocate to death. But I'd die happy.
-my pant size- JUST KIDDING! Well, I hope it doesn't get bigger. I'm fine with it going down.
I think that's enough. This makes me feel much better. On to Day 20...
Day 20 – The meaning behind your blog name.
Well, it was originally called Confessions from a Brown Eyed Twenty Something, but that was too long and I just didn't like it.
One Day At A Time comes from the fact that my life is completely different than what I thought it was going to be at 25, almost 26 (ughhhh), but I'm slowly learning to love the different path God's taken me down. I just take it one day at a time. See?
Okay, that's all for today. I've got frozen pizza leftovers calling my name, as well as an NCIS marathon today. So what if I've seen all the episodes?
Jealous of my Saturday? Anyone? No one? That's okay, I still love it.
Happy Saturday!


No comments:
Post a Comment