Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 25 and Why I Can't Wait Until July

Today's challenge topic...

Day 25 – Someone who impacts your life regularly.

challenge button

I can't choose just one.  There's my parents, who I will always ask for advice, even when I'm fifty.  I may not take it, but I still want to hear it.  

There's my BFF's.  I know a few of them will be in my life forever, even as we grow and change in our lives.

There's the Lord.  I don't think I need to explain that one.  

So, you see, it's quite hard to choose just one person who impacts my life regularly.  

------------------------------------------------

On another note, I spent my lunch break crying in my classroom today.  Not because of a student or anything work related.  It was because of grad school.  To make a long story short, I realized today that my comps (which I have to take in order to graduate) are only being offered once this summer- on a Saturday when I will be in Ecuador.  

Problem one- I am supposed to graduate this summer (I'm already graduating late, but that's a whole 'nother story- and it's NOT my fault).  If I can't take comps, I can't graduate.  No graduation, no degree.  No degree, I'M NOT HAPPY.

Problem two- I am incredibly overwhelmed right now with grad school.  I don't mean to complain, but I've got a lot going on.  Probably too much, but it was my decision to finish grad school in a year.  

Problem three- I had just looked at my tuition bill for the summer.  And then remembered I have two other trips I have to pay for this summer as well (Chicago and Ecuador).  And my car needs new brakes. And I really wish we lived five hundred years ago and traded shells for stuff.  

Problem four- I'm a girl.  When I get stressed or upset, I cry.  And I did when I had a chance to be by myself.  I realized all of this in the middle of literature circles and it was all I could do not to burst into tears in front of the kiddos or run to my computer to email my professor.  

I said long story short, but then I just made it long again.  I emailed a professor and there is a silver lining.  I might be able to schedule to take my comps early.  And I would be so freakin' happy if that were the case.  

July cannot come soon enough.  I will be done with grad school, everything will be paid for (my trips, that is), and I will obviously be on summer break.

And, oh yeah, I'll be seeing this chick in concert:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS