Happy Friday, y'all!! I've never been so glad to be done with a work week- because I'm one week closer to spring break!!
After my meltdown yesterday, things have gotten better, and it's Friday and anything is better on a Friday.
So here's Day 26: How have you changed in the past 2 years?
Well, I suppose the better question is how have I NOT changed?
Let's compare:
TWO YEARS AGO
-living in Athens with Jessica
-broke, mainly living paycheck to paycheck because of my serious inability to stick to a budget
-only had Marley and Emmy- no Ace yet
-I attended church sporadically and didn't even think about God that often, much less work on my relationship with Him
-I was kind of unhappy
-I drove a Jetta and hated it
-I didn't know my knee was like a sixty year old's knee
NOW
-living back at home with my parents
-not as broke- got some money in savings and all my credit cards are paid off, but I'm paying stuff off like crazy (or trying to), so my money is limited
-Ace is two years old and the wildest dog ever
-I'm part of the best small group and attend church regularly
-God has become a priority in my life- I'm still working on keeping distractions out of my life when I'm trying to focus on the Lord
-I'm a lot happier
-I drive a 4Runner and I love it!
-I have arthritis in both knees
Seriously, though, I don't even know if I can describe how much I've changed. Or at least I'd like to think I have. I know my heart has changed, I just don't know if others can see that. When I first met my small group leader, she said something that was just SO TRUE for my life. As you get closer to God, everything about you changes- your desires, your thoughts, your wants, even the type of music you listen to.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, my life has not turned out like I planned. But I'm okay with that. It's taken awhile to understand that and I still struggle with some aspects of my life right now, but I'm feeling better about these plans God has for me, whatever they are.
I saw this on someone else's blog awhile ago- the actual picture thingy, but I love the quote, so I'm going to share.


No comments:
Post a Comment