Monday, July 30, 2012

An Olympic Weekend

Weekends are the best.  But that's a given.

The Olympics have pretty much consumed my weekend.  I went to an Opening Ceremony party on Friday night.  I totally felt like I was fifteen again because my mom drove me there and picked me up.  But, hey, not much I can do about it.  I still can't drive until August 21st.

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday watching the Olympics.  Women's gymnastics, swimming, and diving are my favorite, but I caught some of the rowing competition and it was actually really interesting.

Anyway, while I was watching gymnastics I had to go back and watch some of the best gymnastics moments ever on youtube.  Nadia's perfect 10's and Kerri Strug's gold medal vault with a sprain.

Makes me really wish I was a gymnast.  I took gymnastics for a couple of years in elementary school, but even then, I was too tall.  And not very amazing.  And let's be honest, I don't have that much dedication.  I never stuck with anything for very long growing up.

Girl scouts- three-ish years, Softball- one year, gymnastics- two years, dance- a year?, piano- six years, track and cross country- one year.

Wanna hear a funny story?  When I was a freshman in high school, we were like a week into school.  One of my friends was like, you should come out for cross country.  So I went one afternoon, without really knowing what cross country involved.  We had a mile warm up, a three mile run on hilly roads, and a mile cool down.  And I had never run even a half mile in my life.  I died.  I really thought I did.  But I went back the next day and then the next and then it turned out I really liked running and was decent at it (track really).  And then I quit after freshman year.

Back to gymnastics.

Gabby Douglas.  Can we talk about how freaking beautiful she is?

via
She reminds me of Michelle Obama- they both have that classic beauty.  And they both have really great smiles (and teeth- definitely a huge part of a good smile).

So, my brother is in town for a few days and my parents grilled out for all of his friends Sunday evening.  My friend Jessica came over too and brought me a Blizzard.  I've been obsessed with them since I had surgery and I don't know why.

This starts my last week before I go back to school.  I don't have many plans, and I prefer it that way.

How was your weekend?  Did you spend it watching the Olympics?

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Gabby has a KILLER smile. Have you seen her arms? She is rocking some major guns.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Meghan said...

I am LOVING the Olympics, and my new favorite sport is the road race - I was mesmerized by the cycling!

Erika said...

Whoa, our weekends are eerily similar!! And we have the same favorite Olympic sports-- TWINS! :) How much did you love the synchronized diving? The best combination of gymnastics, swimming, diving, and twin-ness. You are so right-- Gabby is GORG, and I hadn't thought about the similarity between her and Michelle, but you are totally right!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS