Anyway, I went into this whole buying a house idea thinking it was going to be a breeze. It's a buyer's market, low interest rates, tons of stuff out there.
Yeah, not exactly.
I have put offers in on two different houses, only to have them fall apart. (One was a multiple offer situation, the other countered with some ridiculous stipulations like paying for an inspection and an appraisal before it was even binding and having to match any other offer that came through.) Then there's several more houses I was really interested in that had a contract on them before I even got a chance to look at them. I have spent many hours with my realtor looking at houses and even more hours looking online.
I don't think I have unrealistic expectations. I do know that it's just me buying the house so I don't want to/can't get something that would need a lot of work. I actually think that would be lots of fun (am I crazy??) to buy a fixer-upper and get it exactly as I want, but I don't have the time or money.
I know there's a reason for all of these doors being shut in my face. But it sure is FRUSTRATING. I guess I'll just continue building my dream house on Pinterest.
A house on the river in the lowcountry, giant front porches, Craftsman style, a yard already landscaped? Now that's not too much to ask, right? JKRBT. (Just kidding real big time)
This is kind of a gripe post. I know there's a lot other things I could be going through. I'm thankful I'm able to live at my parents while I'm looking. I'm thankful I have a full time job with benefits that allows me to afford my own home. I really am. I'm just frustrated and this is my venting post.



No comments:
Post a Comment