I've made a list of some of the fun moments in Ecuador.
1. Multiple bats. Like, the little flying black ones. In our shower. In the living room. In the shower again. That's three bats, people. Three too many, in my opinion. Okay, maybe this isn't fun, but I don't want to forget it!
2. Colombian donuts. There is this amazing little Colombian bakery in Montanita, the coolest little surfer town you will ever see. Montanita is about ten minutes down the road from Curia, where we stayed. Once I tried one of their donuts, I was hooked. I managed to make my way to Montanita at least once a day for four days in a row to get a few donuts. I'm pretty sure I ate a dozen over the course of four days. They were THAT GOOD. And, I'm almost afraid to admit it, but they might be better than Krispy Kreme.
3. Ziplining. Okay, listen. I've never been ziplining before, but it sounded fun. As long as I didn't end up like Aimee Copeland. We weren't ziplining over water, though. We were ziplining over mountains. Except I didn't realize you would have to go UP a mountain to get to zipline. I can't think of the last time I was so scared. We were going straight up a dirt hill, in tiny cabs. At one point, the cab in front of us got stuck and started rolling backwards. TOWARDS US. We all started pushing out of the cab and got out. They were able to stop the car, but it was too late. I started crying.
Not a good way to start ziplining. I almost backed out, but I went ahead. We went across four lines and I didn't open my eyes until I was halfway through the first line. It looked really pretty, but I was just so focused on getting through the lines.
4. Aerobics in the town square of Olon with 100+ Ecuadorians. We went to a nearby town on Monday night and participated in a two hour aerobics class. It was totally free, totally a workout, and totally fun. I wish every little town had this. A few times, the instructor would ask everybody to start gyrating or shaking their body in ways that I just can't move. BUT IT WAS SO. MUCH. FUN.
There are probably a million moments from Ecuador that I won't forget. I loved every moment when I was there, and God definitely spoke to me, even in the fun, light-hearted moments.

2 comments:
SO JEALOUS of the donuts and ziplining!! :) I agree-- the Aimee Copeland thing has totally put a damper on ziplining, but I still aspire to do some when I go to Cancun!!
Holy cow, Ecuador sounds amazing! I'd be all for the zip lining, but I think the bats would freak me out!
Post a Comment