Thursday, July 5, 2012

Talk About Disappointing

I'm backkk!  From Ecuador.  Well, really I got back late Monday night, but I needed a few days to rest and catch up.  

Today was my first day back in the real world.  Not that I went back to work or anything.  I mean the first day back from Ecuador where I had places to be and things to do.

And it was all a huge disappointment.  Let's start with my morning appointment.

I had to go to Athens this morning for my pre-op appointment for my surgery on Monday.  By the way, let's not talk about how nervous I suddenly got when the surgeon started talking about where he will be slicing and dicing me.  

Anyway, Dr. Surgeon was looking at my foot and noticed the eighty zillion mosquito bites I have, courtesy of Ecuador.  They are RIDICULOUS.  I mean, the mosquitos love me every summer, but I'm telling you what- I have never had so many mosquito bites like I do now.  And I can't stop scratching them, which apparently is a problem because I now have eighty zillion little scabs.

So sexy, I'm telling you.

So Dr. Surgeon tells me, "You can't go outside until surgery.  Don't have any fun until after surgery."  

I'm not kidding, those were his words.  If I get anymore bites or cuts and they are fresh, it puts me at a risk for infection.  And in my mind, infection = necrotizing fasciitis = no legs and feet.  I want my legs and feet.  {I'm not stupid, by the way, I just have an overactive imagination and irrational fears.}

There goes my plans for kayaking down Broad River on Saturday.  

As sucky as it is to have to miss out on kayaking, the next thing that happened is probably the biggest disappointment of 2012.

If you're familiar with Athens, Georgia, you might be familiar with only the best dessert EVER in Athens- a yumwich.  Two giant cookies with cake icing in between.  I can't even begin to tell you how good this thing is. 

The last yumwich I ever had
I should have known a disappointment was going to come from that.

The bakery that makes those delicious yumwiches closed for good recently and failed to tell me.  I had to settle for a Chick-fil-a cookie.

I'm hoping tonight will go better than today, except I already know I will be discussing a very disappointing book at book club tonight.  {When We Were Friends}

So that was my exciting day.  How was yours?

1 comment:

Erika said...

OMG! I'm going kayaking on the Broad tomorrow! That is super sad that you can't do that OR have any other outdoor fun until surgery. Boo. Glad to see you back in the States, though!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS