
What is your dream job?
Oh this is hard. Really. I love being a teacher, I really do. But another dream job would be a marine biologist who studies sharks. I think sharks are absolutely fascinating.
![]() |
| I would pay good money to do this. via |
If you had just won the lottery and didn't need to work for money, what would you do with your time?
Pretty much whatever I wanted. But I would also volunteer. And then travel a lot.
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Well when I was little (like 5) I wanted to be a back doctor. And then that changed to a marine biologist. However, I took biology in ninth grade and did really bad because I didn't know how to study, so I thought marine biology was not for me. After that, it was advertising. I finally decided on teaching when I was a senior in high school.
What piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
Your first year of teaching just try to survive. Student teaching is nothing like real teaching- I don't care how on top of things you can be. Reach out to other teachers. Accept help from others.
Biggest pet peeves?
Oh I actually have a blog post in the works on this one. But here's a quick rundown: people who don't check/reply to emails, when the tv volume isn't on an even number or a multiple of five, and then the biggest one, fauxtographers. Click on fauxtographers if you don't know what I'm talking about, but it's basically someone who gets a fancy camera and then thinks they are a professional photographer.
Biggest fears?
Roaches. Spiders. Specifically in my bed- this comes from when I was 17 and got bit by a brown recluse spider IN MY BED. It scarred me for life. Irrational things that you can read about here.
So there we go. Another Sunday Social done. Go link up and join in!


5 comments:
fun list of pet peeves :)
being a marine biologist would be great!
cute blog;happy sunday!
Amen, sister! NOTHING prepares you for teaching like that first year! I totally agree.
And you are one brave soul to want to work with sharks!
Yes!! My TV always has to be on an even number! It's like an OCD thing almost.
LOLed at your pet peeves. Can't wait to read a full-length post on them!!
Your "about me" section sounds a lot like me! Ok, except for the sweet tea. I'm the only "southerner" I know who doesn't like it! New follower from sunday social link up!
Post a Comment