I've only had surgery once before and that was to take my tonsils out when I was little. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous and didn't know what to expect.
All of my doctors and nurses were so sweet and great! Even when the nurse blew one IV line and the anesthesiologist had to try four different times on the other hand to get the IV in my veins.
Also, I would like to go on record saying whatever they give you to knock you out had me TRIPPING. When I was being rolled back to recovery, I thought was time traveling. I kid you not. I thought I had just come back from the past (like 1800's past) and now I was jetting to the future. I had no idea where I was or what I was doing until I registered some major pain in my heel.
Cah-razy. Now I know what it feels like to trip on acid. I can cross that off my bucket list.
My doctor did have to repair my Achilles tendon, so I've got a pretty sweet cast that makes my calves look GINORMOUS. I'm already wondering how I am going to shower or bathe. I bet it's going to be a disaster seeing as how hard it is just to go pee with crutches.
Anyway, I've got a big day today. Blogging, Facebooking, reading, and watching tv/movies. Heavyweights is up first! Here's one of my favorite scenes! {sorry for the terrible quality!}


No comments:
Post a Comment