Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dolly!!

So, two weeks ago today, I attended the Dolly Parton concert at the Verizon Wireless amphitheater in Alpharetta, GA.

First off, if you live in the Atlanta area and you get a chance to go to this venue, please do.  I loved it.  It was hot as all get out at the concert, but it wasn't miserable thanks to giant fans and a covering over our seats.  Plus, our seats weren't the greatest, but we still had a good view and Dolly still sounded great!

Back to the concert.  We all met beforehand for dinner at Twisted Taco.  I love this place.  Wonderful margaritas and delicious food.  Our waitress, however, was horrible.  I've definitely had better service at Twisted Taco.

After our meal, we headed to the concert and got there just in time for Dolly to start.  She didn't have any opening acts- it was just her.

My pictures aren't the greatest.  I apologize.  
Dolly Parton is amazing.  She changed outfits once during intermission and both outfits were tight, sparkly, and outlandish.  Her hair was, of course, big.  But she was so gracious and funny the entire night.

Here's something I bet you didn't know:

Dolly Parton can rap.  Not like Busta Rhymes or T.I. or Nicki Minaj or anything, but she rapped one song and it was just too precious!!

Outfit #2!
She also covered Led Zeppelin, Chris Brown, the Beatles, and I think Ike and Tina Turner.  Oh, and Miley Cyrus.  Loved it!




I think she was telling up one of her little stories here.


The concert started at eight and she played for almost three hours.  She did have an intermission and then introduced every single song with a little story or anecdote.  She is such a good entertainer!

Workin' 9 to 5!  I worked at Hallmark in high school and heard this song from one of our cd's every single week.

And that, my friends, was a good night.

Has anyone ever seen Dolly in concert?  Does anyone want to take me to Dollywood?  I have never been!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS