...is exhausting.
It's Friday night and I'm already in bed. I have left school no earlier than 5:30 every day this week- except today (4:30). I get to school at 6:30 am, so my days have been incredibly long. Of course, if you're a teacher, you also know that you never really can go home and not do more work. And if you can, I wanna know your secret. Share, please!
I know it won't be like this soon. It's always super hectic setting things up, getting into the swing of things, having meetings, etc.
I know it won't be like this soon. It's always super hectic setting things up, getting into the swing of things, having meetings, etc.
Last night I texted a friend and said, "I worked for twelve hours at school. Please tell me it's okay to not do any work at home."
Because I feel guilty that I'm not doing this or that. Does anyone else feel that way? It's really frustrating at times.
But. My job is so rewarding. Forget the paperwork, forget the crappy pay, forget the never ending pile of papers to grade. Those kids are the reason I teach. And I love them.
ANYWAY, I totally didn't mean for this to be all about my job.
Except now I forgot my point.
And sadly, this happens all the time.
So, I'll leave you with some things I'm loving:
I'm out. Happy Friday.

2 comments:
Love that dress!!!
I struggle with the long days at school too, and with feeling guilty when I bring stuff home at night and don't work on it. Last year though I realized that I was going to burn out in my first few years if I didn't take some time for myself too! I love my kiddos and my job--I hope I never push myself too hard that I end up resenting them.
Now commit to relaxing this weekend and repeat after me: "School work is important, but so is my sanity. Making time for myself does not mean I do not care about my students. I deserve to have down time and time to relax. I love my students, but I love myself too."
:) good luck next week!
Congrats on making it through the first week! The first week is always so grueling, so I empathize with you. I hope that you are able to take some time off this weekend to relax and recuperate.
Post a Comment