Once upon a time, a girl got a precious, sweet, little black lab puppy for her birthday. He was the best puppy ever. The best he could be for a puppy.

He was easily trained, he was quickly housebroken, and he was crate trained.

And then he grew up.
He tore up every single bed he had, even ones deemed "indestructible." Made it impossible to walk on a leash. Counter surfed with the best of them. And wouldn't leave snakes alone, so he got bit by a snake. Busted out of his crate multiple times. Broke said crate (twice!). Jumped a fence and ripped his stomach open, requiring 20-something staples and a draining tube in his stomach. Jumped fences so many times it's no longer surprising.
His name is Ace. And he is my baby.
I love this dog dearly. But he is seriously the twin of Marley from Marley and Me.
He jumped the fence recently and went swimming in the creek behind our house. This is what he looked like when he came in the door:
| I could win awards for my photography. Just kidding. But the mud was all underneath his belly. |
The boy was disgusting. It started storming right after he came in, so I had to wash him in my bathtub. Normally I wash him outside with the hose because it works better with rinsing him off.
Y'all, he was so dirty I had to get in the tub with him and turn on the shower. The actual bath wasn't cutting it. But he was so good and so clean afterwards!
I love my dog. So much. I treat him, and my other dog and cat, better than some people treat their family. But goodness, when will this dog calm down? I was told he'll start calming down around two years. He's two and a half and I don't believe it.
It's okay, though, cause I would pay triple what I've paid for him in dog hospital bills, I'd buy him two more crates, I'd do everything again.
I love my boy. Even though he is wild, he still is the sweetest boy and will come curl up with me whenever I'm laying down. He loves to sit in my lap, too. He's 70 pounds, so it doesn't happen that often.
Do y'all have crazy acting pets? What have they done?
I love my boy. Even though he is wild, he still is the sweetest boy and will come curl up with me whenever I'm laying down. He loves to sit in my lap, too. He's 70 pounds, so it doesn't happen that often.
Do y'all have crazy acting pets? What have they done?

1 comment:
My Sippi is nearly 4 years old and she still chews. She finally quit tearing up her beds though. We can't give her those cutesy toys. She is a powerful chewer. Only rawhides for the homegirl!! LOL
Post a Comment