Sunday, August 28, 2011

Some Thoughts on My Weekend and On Running

...In other words, this may not be the most exciting post.

But I do have two posts in one day!

Okay, really, it's called Procrastination.  As in, I need to be grading papers.

But, I am laying in bed with all three of my animals, eating cheese dip.  The same cheese dip that I made last night for book club and the same cheese dip that I will be posting a recipe for tomorrow.  It's so dang good, trust me.

Anywho.

I have had a fabulous weekend.  And let me tell you why:  I didn't do much at all.

We'll start with Friday.

When I got home, I ate my chicken sandwich combo from Chick-fil-A.  It was amazing.  If you don't have a Chick-fil-A near you, I feel sorry for you...you are missing out.  Honestly.  Then, I got in my bed (you're going to start to see a pattern of this), watched NCIS, and read some of my book for book club.  I went to bed early.  It was one of the best Friday nights ever.  Friday nights are my down time because I'm usually so exhausted from the week I just need to chill out.

Saturday I woke up early, continued to lay in my bed, finished the book club book, and fell back asleep until almost two pm.  That's right, y'all, I didn't get out of my bed until 2 pm on Saturday.  It was glorious.

Once I got up, though, I had to go run (and that run sucked because I ate a sandwich and a bunch of boiled peanuts right before I left for the gym), go to the grocery store, shower, and get ready and all that junk.  My book club was meeting and we went to go see The Help!  {See my thoughts on it HERE.}

This morning, I headed out to church and was surprised to have some beautiful weather this morning!  It reminded me of fall and I seriously can't wait!  Except it also reminded of that in between summer and fall time that Georgia has where it gets cold at night and is chilly in the morning and then it's hot in the afternoon.  Outfit planning sucks.

I went on another run this afternoon.  I didn't eat a sandwich or boiled peanuts beforehand, but it still wasn't the greatest.  I planned to run 4 miles, but shortly before 2 miles, I started feeling iffy.  I don't really know how to explain it.  It got harder to breathe, my legs were really tight, and I felt like I had ten pound weights tied to my legs.  Not fun.  I stopped at three miles.

But.  Even with the sucky feeling, my knees felt great and I ran these three miles faster than I did last Sunday!

My half marathon is coming up in just over two months.  I'm getting nervous for it already.  I'm nervous my knees will bum out.  I'm nervous my time will suck.  Although, my true goal is just to finish it.  I'm nervous I won't be able to get all my training in by November 5th and I won't be prepared.

Does/Did anybody else feel that way before their first half marathon?  I really don't know if I can handle feeling like this for two more months.

If you read all of that, you're awesome!  Hopefully I didn't bore you too much.  I'll leave you with a picture of two of my animals doing my favorite thing:

My dog Ace and then my kitty Maverick

Laying on my bed.

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS