Hey y'all! I'm linking back up with Blog Hoppin' for day two or Teacher Week...
Teacher Talk Tuesday
Or, some advice for new teachers (or really anyone!)
1. First, understand that you WILL make mistakes and everything will NOT be perfect. That was is so hard for me at times! It's a continual learning process, even five, ten years into teaching!
2. Don't get caught up with school gossip. I don't eat in the workroom for lunch. Not because I am anti-social and don't like anyone- that's the complete opposite! I love my school and the other teachers I work with. I just need my own down time and I really don't want to get caught up in gossip.
3. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Use what other people are willing to give.
4. Make lists- and lots of them if you need to! Oh my word, I wouldn't be able to survive without my lists. Mine are often color coded and on multiple papers because I have so many things to do!
5. Keep a folder of sweet notes from kids, pictures that were drawn for you, or funny moments that happen throughout the year. Look back at them when you're having a rough day. They will remind you of why you started teaching in the first place.
6. Make friends with other teachers! You've got to have someone else to vent to- no one really understands you like a teacher, even your best friends!
That's all I've got! I can't wait to read other people's advice. This is my fifth year of teaching and I still love to hear other suggestions and advice!

1 comment:
I have a number 5. I call it my Sunshine folder. =)
Post a Comment