My vet.
I had to take Ace up there again this morning.
My parent's cat, Maverick, has chronic kidney renal failure/disease and hypothyroidism. He's got a bunch of meds and vitamins he has to take.
This morning, my mom caught Ace with the entire bottle of one of Maverick's vitamins in his mouth, trying to get the last four vitamins. It was a full bottle thirty minutes before that.
I called the vet and they said it wouldn't cause any systemic damage, but it would get him REAAALLLLY sick. Per their instructions, I gave him some hydrogen peroxide to get him to throw up and, of course, Ace has an iron stomach. He did not throw up so I took him up to the vet.
They gave him something else and he STILL wouldn't throw up. So I left him at the vet and they're going to give him some morphine, which apparently almost always "makes dogs hurl." Those were the vet's words, not mine!
Well, two hours later, the vet finally called and told me Ace still didn't throw up. She sent me home with some meds to try and help him from getting really sick. The morphine also made him a little tired/loopy, so he is resting right now.
What am I going to do with this dog?? This unexpected vet trip totally blew my budget for this month. Thank goodness I have insurance on him, but I have to file a claim first and then get the money back. Honestly, though, I'd still pay the full amount for my baby.
Ace, I love you, but please don't make me take you to the vet for at least another year.
By the way, I had a great post planned about the Dolly Parton concert I went to a couple of weeks ago.
Clearly, Ace had other plans. I'll be back soon with a Dolly recap.
Happy Saturday!

1 comment:
Oh my gosh!!!
I have to be honest... I LOVE your Ace stories! Hahaha! While I'm sure they stress you out to no end, I love hearing about his crazy antics. I totally understand the love and would blow my budget {and have many times!!} on my babies.
Post a Comment