This past weekend, I headed up a couple hours north to visit one of my BFF's, Paula. We've been friends since freshman year of college- almost nine years!
She moved away for a job opportunity and while I'm sad that she's no longer twenty minutes away, I am really happy for her that she is going for this new opportunity in a new town where she knows no one. That's brave.
Anyway, I wanted to avoid Atlanta traffic and the only way to do that was to leave at seven pm, so unfortunately, I didn't get to her place until just before nine pm on Friday evening. Once I got there, she gave me a tour of her new apartment (super cute, by the way), and then we ate some brownies she made and just chatted.
Before I continue, let me show you a picture of these brownies. They were AMAZING. Seriously, the best brownies I've ever eaten.
That's the Pinterest picture.
This is what hers looked like. Please go make them. And then tell me your thoughts. I promise you, if you like chocolate, you will L.O.V.E. these brownies.
Both stolen from her FB account.
I also got her a housewarming present. She loves Halloween and I picked this cute thing up for her earlier in the week and gave it to her Friday night!
| Is this not the most adorable platter? I want one for myself! |
On Saturday, I ran some errands with her and we stopped by Blockbuster to pick up our movies for movie night.
I also showed her how to open her mailbox. She had opened it (or what she thought was her mailbox) before, but hadn't been able to open it in several days. Because she was trying to open the WRONG mailbox. We found the right one and it opened right up! In her defense, though, the numbers weren't all clearly marked and the one she had tried before was all janky and clearly could have been opened by any old key.
Then we ate a delicious mexican restaurant, had some delicious margaritas, and people watched our hearts out.
After dinner, we headed back to her apartment for 80's movie night, where we watched these two classics:


Both images courtesy of Google.
She had never seen Top Gun and we both had never seen Footloose. Great 80's movies, I have to say.
I had planned on going to church with Paula on Sunday morning. She had found one she wanted to try out, but when we looked a little closer at their website, we realized it wasn't a church we wanted to go to. We pulled up their "What We Believe" section and one of the things they believed just didn't sit well with us. And that's all I'll say. But it does teach me a very important lesson: just because a church looks non-denominational and looks like they hold the same beliefs as myself, doesn't mean they do!
I hung out for a little while on Sunday, had lunch, and then headed back home.
I was really sad to have to leave, especially when I almost got into two different wrecks within five minutes of leaving her apartment. One was my fault (I cut this guy off) and one was not. When I was changing lanes on the interstate, I looked over and behind me and saw NOTHING. So I changed lanes and then this motorcycle appeared out of nowhere and I was seriously just a foot ahead of him. I would have hit him. It shook me up so bad because I SWEAR he was not in my view when I looked.
I was really, really, really thankful when I pulled into my driveway.
I'm so glad I got to hang with you Paula and I can't wait until the next time I see you!



No comments:
Post a Comment