I feel like I have been going ninety to nothing for the past week.
{Side note: Ninety to nothing is something my mom has always said. Isn't it weird when you realize you sound more and more like your mother? It is for me.}
{Side note: Ninety to nothing is something my mom has always said. Isn't it weird when you realize you sound more and more like your mother? It is for me.}
Since I last checked in, I have started pre-planning, gone to a million meetings, finished working in my classroom, had Open House and met most of my new kiddos, seen Dolly in concert, house/dog sat for a friend, did laundry, went shopping for school stuff and clothes, and started planning for the first week of school.
I love pre-planning week. I love working in my room, I love the idea of a brand new start, I love meeting my new kiddos. I do not love the stress that comes along with it, though. My face is breaking out like a teenager and I have gone to bed late and woken up early every night and I am exhausted.
My sister came into town this weekend and last night I just hung out with her and my mom. I was supposed to go to a friend's birthday dinner, but I hadn't hung out with my sister in a long time and last night was the only chance we had. It was good to do so because everyone in my family is so busy and it has honestly been since Christmas 2010 since we all have spent time together. Of course, my brother wasn't here, but you get the point.
This upcoming week is going to be insanely busy for me- the first week of school always is. I've got several scheduled posts planned- one with a tour of my classroom, one talking about the Dolly concert, and some more!
Because I don't want to end this without a picture, here is a preview of my pictures from the Dolly concert:

No comments:
Post a Comment