Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 24: Something I've Learned

I'm 25 and there are MANY times I feel like I haven't learned anything from life.  I still screw up, make mistakes, say something I shouldn't have to someone I shouldn't have, forget something, piss someone off when I could have made them happy, or ignored warning signs.  There's still a lot I've got to learn.  But, I have learned a few things along the road...

I've learned you cannot put a glass dish on a warm stove burner.  It WILL explode.  Everywhere.

I've learned my mom and dad have done an amazing job of raising me and I don't tell them that enough.

I've learned I cannot solve the world's problems.

I've learned too much grilled chicken and Greek salad will make you throw up.

On the same page, I've learned two cheesy gordita crunches from Taco Bell is too much food, but one cheesy gordita crunch is not enough.  I've learned one cheesy gordita crunch plus a soft taco is my ideal meal at Taco Bell.  

I've learned to leave my grading and school stuff at school on most days.  It will eventually get done.

I've learned I can't please everyone and I no longer care to make everyone happy.

I've learned I'm a terrible driver.  It's taken me awhile to accept this, but, sadly, it's true.

I've learned that people can say what they want, but Britney Spears is one of most favorite artists.

I've learned that I don't have all the answers.

I've learned that I can't get too comfortable with my life.

I've learned I am more independent that I thought.

I have lots more to learn and I am excited to see where the future will take me.  I was actually talking about this last night in my small group.  I am trusting in God completely with my future.  I am contemplating some major changes in my life (I'll save those thoughts for another post) and what I want may not be what God wants for my life.  It will be scary, it will be amazing, and it will be real.  I will learn some, lose some, win some, and regret some in my life, but it will be my journey and my purpose.  

3 comments:

ty said...

I've TOTALLY learned the first one. LIke, multiple times.

(Single)Mommy said...

haha I love greek salad :) but ive never thrown up from too much...yet!

I'd love a followback
http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com

a. nicole said...

i cannot imagine eating too much greek salad.... sounds like a challenge to add to my 101 in 1001 haha :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS