Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What I'm Loving Wednesday


It's that time again, y'all!  I think I'm going to be doing this link up each week...

I'm loving that there are only two more days until my Thanksgiving break.

I'm loving that there are two new blog challenges to participate in...I had so much fun with Katie's challenge, I think I'm going to join up with both of these...another 30 Day Challenge and a Christmas one from HERE.


and


I'm loving my small group girls.  We met last night and packed boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  These girls are such a blessing to me and I leave each week feeling blessed, humbled, and inspired.

I'm loving the antibiotic Z-pack.  Or whatever the technical term is.  My doctor gave me a prescription for that over the weekend, and I swear it's like magic.  I still have a gross cough, but I FEEL so much better.  And a ton of sleep didn't hurt, either.

I'm loving my new lunch bag I ordered at a Thirty-One party this weekend.  Sorry the picture below is crappy quality, but this is the bag I ordered, but with my name embroidered.  I also got a SUPER cute clipboard with a bow and everything.  I'll take a picture when I get it!  

Finally, I'm loving that I don't have that much to do tonight...I am skipping the gym, but I have to do a little research for a research proposal for my grad school class.  Yuck.  I'm definitely not loving doing research.

------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, well since the new 30 Day challenge starts today, Day One's topic is Biggest Accomplishment.  When I first started thinking about what I have accomplished in my twenty-five years, I started to get depressed.  Seriously.

I originally thought I would say my college degree and becoming a teacher, but since I'm kind of thinking about switching careers, I'm not sure about that...

I can't say I've accomplished any major award (and honestly, had no plans to)  Any activity I've ever done, I have quit after awhile.  I did letter in track in high school, but I only ran track for one year.  And it was high school.

I am a really good speller and can drink a beer faster than most of my friends, but my biggest accomplishment?  Not so much.

Actually, here's my biggest accomplishment...enjoying life.  I didn't end up with a 4.0 in college, or make the Dean's List each semester, or join a sorority, or end up married with a kid by the age of 25, but I have enjoyed my life.  (And that is not to say if any of you have/done any of those that you did not enjoy your life...I'm so totally sure you did!  I just thought I would do all of those, and I didn't...)  Sure, there have been some sucky parts.  And yes, I should have studied more in college or gotten better grades, but I enjoy every season of my life.  Don't get me wrong.  There are PLENTY of days when I wish I did have a child, or at least was married (or somewhat close to being married).  There are days when I wish I had gotten a 4.0 or had transferred to University of Florida or had joined this club or team or been friends with so-and-so.  There are days when I am so down on myself or my life situation that I can't seem to see the good in my life.  But overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my short little life so far.  I am proud of the fact that I can have fun in most situations and even though my life is not where I thought it would be at this point, I'm still enjoying it, one day at a time.  

Hmm, maybe I should relate my new blog title to that...


5 comments:

Kit said...

I am loving the new Christmas challenge too! I cant wait for it to start!

Jamie said...

Thanks for playing along!

Love your new bag!

Paula said...

This post is going to make me cry. You are always such an inspiration to me, because you are great at enjoying life and helping me to do the same. THANK YOU!

Jessica said...

New reader! Found you from the W.I.L.W link up!!
I have a ThirtyOne lunchbox and use it alll the time- I love it too! (:
and your blog is too cute- look forward to reading more!
Jessica
willi4jl.blogspot.com

ty said...

You might be my twin :) Love this post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS