Saturday, November 13, 2010

What A Week...

Have you ever had a week that was seriously straight from hell?  That's been this past week.  It's had some good moments, but overall, it has sucked.  Nearly every day I had a meeting after work or had to stay after for something, then rush home to let my dogs out for ten minutes just to turn around to go to something else.

Then throw in TWO flat tires.  Yes, two.  I left for work on Wednesday morning and the warning light came on for the air in my tires.  I ignored it until I pulled out of the parking lot that afternoon and heard the thump-thump-thump of a flat.  I have a general idea of how to change a flat, but I don't actually KNOW how to do it.  That's the story of my life, by the way.  So I called a local tire company and they came and changed my flat and repaired my tire (which had a screw in it).  Well, low and behold, a tire repair doesn't always work.  I went out to my car Friday morning and my tire was not as flat as before, but it was flat again.  And then my car was making these crazy noises.  Not good at all, especially when my car is for sale right now!

My parents were out of town, so I called my dad asking him where the keys were for their car that was at the house.  He didn't know, but my mom did.  They were in her purse.  In Savannah.  Four hours away. I started crying.  Bawling, really.  I was already running late for work as it was and had no way to get there.  I live thirty minutes from work.  For someone who HATES HATES HATES to be late, I was unhappy, to say the least.

But then my dear, sweet best friend Jessica came to my rescue.  I called her and woke her up and she immediately headed over to drive me to work (when she had to drive 30 minutes BACK home, just to shower, get ready, and drive another hour to get to her work).  Love that girl and I appreciate her so much.  I know she reads this, so let me tell her this: YOU ARE AWESOME FOR DOING THAT, JESSICA.  And I'm glad I can entertain you with my hilarious, unfortunate life.

I still was wondering how I was going to get home.  So my other dear, sweet best friend Paula came to my rescue.  She came and picked me up after work, took me home, and hung out with me and my dogs until O2.  Love that girl, too.  Again, I know she reads this, so: YOU ARE AWESOME PAULA AND I'M SORRY I HAD TO TAKE YOU AWAY FROM YOUR MOM'S BEEF TIPS DINNER.

I love my friends.  But this week has been awful.

I tell you all of that because I had a realization last night after O2...I NEEDED this awful week for me to truly appreciate O2.  O2, by the way, is a night of worship that my church does about four or five times a year.  It is powerful and an amazing experience to worship God and honor Him.  Last night's theme was "New Life" and last night was a turning point.  This past week has just been so busy and tiring and I have been so negative and not focusing on God and things were just going wrong left and right.  I felt like I was drowning.  And then we sang these two songs and I have been listening to them non-stop since.  My soul is restored and I know I am loved, even when everything else is going wrong in my life.









So take me as You find me,
All my fears and failures,
Fill my life again.

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in,
Now I surrender.

My Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.

 

3 comments:

Kit said...

I hope that next week gets better for you!

Sarah said...

UGH! Yes..I've had those weeks before! Hope this weekend & next week go better for you! :)
And, chickadee--I have an award for you at my blog :) Please come by and pick it up! :))

Paula said...

Aw, thanks for the shout out! And no worries. I had so much fun hanging out with you and I REALLY enjoyed that Mexican dinner, so you have nothing to apologize for!

I love you so much! I also loved O2 and am so glad I got to go with you. By the way, my mom says that the sermon at church was awesome today, and she thinks it was meant for me to hear. It was about waiting on God. So, I am going to watch it online sometime this week. I might have to send you a link, because if I relate to it, I bet you will, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS