It's Day 2 of the NEW 30 Day Blog Challenge...check it out over HERE. The topic today is definition of success. Uh, well. I suppose a lot of people would determine your success by how much money you make or have in the bank. If that's the case, I ain't no success. I'm a teacher. I went to a private college for undergrad and currently for my master's. I'll be paying back student loans til I'm dead.
Success for me, though, in all honesty is...
making it from the beginning of the day til the end (seriously, we've all had those days)
being real
being realistic in my dreams and goals
trying something new
putting my clothes on the right way and right side out (On the first day of school last year, I wore my dress inside out all day long. How embarrassing. Sadly, this has happened several times...once this week, too)
wanting something...and going for it
getting out of bed before my fifth alarm goes off (yes, I do have five alarms- two alarm clocks, two on my phone, and my TV)
finishing the research proposal draft and midterm due THIS WEEK
not quitting in the middle of spin class
-------------------------------------------------------------
Our PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization, for you non-teachers) made us breakfast this morning at school and I'm pretty sure I ate enough for three people. IT. WAS. SO. GOOD. Breakfast food is my favorite. Then I ate leftover pizza for lunch and dinner. I had a half of pizza by myself today. Can you say calorie overload? I should be going to the gym soon, but I've got too much to do!
I haven't done one bit of Christmas shopping for my family or friends yet. I'm not usually a last minute person for gifts, but I have a lot going on over the next three weeks and don't really have the time for it until mid-December.
I am so excited to wrap presents, though!! I worked at Hallmark in high school and I loooooooooved getting to wrap presents for people. In my dream house (forgot to add this on the last challenge), I want a scrapbooking/gift wrapping room. I already have it all planned out in my head and set up and organized in my head. Lame, I know, but there is nothing like a beautifully wrapped gift with cute paper and coordinating ribbon.



I have pretty much decided I am renaming my blog and giving it a new Christmas look. I will be unveiling a look after Thanksgiving...stay tuned for that!
Y'all have a lovely night!
getting out of bed before my fifth alarm goes off (yes, I do have five alarms- two alarm clocks, two on my phone, and my TV)
finishing the research proposal draft and midterm due THIS WEEK
not quitting in the middle of spin class
-------------------------------------------------------------
Our PTO (Parent-Teacher Organization, for you non-teachers) made us breakfast this morning at school and I'm pretty sure I ate enough for three people. IT. WAS. SO. GOOD. Breakfast food is my favorite. Then I ate leftover pizza for lunch and dinner. I had a half of pizza by myself today. Can you say calorie overload? I should be going to the gym soon, but I've got too much to do!
I haven't done one bit of Christmas shopping for my family or friends yet. I'm not usually a last minute person for gifts, but I have a lot going on over the next three weeks and don't really have the time for it until mid-December.
I am so excited to wrap presents, though!! I worked at Hallmark in high school and I loooooooooved getting to wrap presents for people. In my dream house (forgot to add this on the last challenge), I want a scrapbooking/gift wrapping room. I already have it all planned out in my head and set up and organized in my head. Lame, I know, but there is nothing like a beautifully wrapped gift with cute paper and coordinating ribbon.



I have pretty much decided I am renaming my blog and giving it a new Christmas look. I will be unveiling a look after Thanksgiving...stay tuned for that!
Y'all have a lovely night!

2 comments:
OOOH I'm so excited for a special Christmas look!
girl, its always the simple things! I loved your post! Thanks for joining!
Post a Comment