Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Study Break

I'm sitting at the library here working on one of my final assignments for my research class.  It's torture.  This should be my holiday break, but I'm reading horrendous, boring research reports on who knows what.  Blehhhhhh.  Anyway, I desperately need a break, so I'm posting about the two blog challenges I'm doing!


Day 3: Most meaningful gift/Best gift received

This is a tough one.  I've generally loved everything I've gotten for Christmas.  My mom and dad (ok, my mom- she did most of the shopping) were never ones to ask us for Christmas lists and then go get everything on them.  As awesome as that sounds, it would be kind of boring, you know?  We definitely get things we want, but a lot of presents we have gotten over the years have been things my mom has saw throughout the year and thought of us.  I like it that way.  I'll admit, there are things I've gotten and I was like, uh, really Mom?  You thought I'd want a set of bowls?  But then turns out, I love them!

Anyway, I think I do have a meaningful gift in mind.  Like I said, my mom does most of the shopping/brainstorming of Christmas gifts, especially as we got older and toys and games didn't interest my sister, brother, and me.  A couple of years ago, my dad randomly bought all three of us kids some clothes.  Y'all, my dad hates shopping for himself, let alone for anyone else (two daughters, especially).  He just picked out a shirt for each of us.  It wasn't anything fancy or even something I would have chosen for myself.  BUT, it is one of the most comfortable shirts I own.  It's a little big, but it's perfect for throwing on over whatever else I'm wearing on a cold day.  

I don't believe my dad has actually gone out and picked out another gift since then.  I, of course, appreciate and love everything my parents mom gets me, but I think that shirt might be pretty meaningful.

-----------------------------------------


Day 8: A Photo That Makes You Angry/Sad

I'm going to link over to THIS post to respond to this challenge.  One of my really good friends from college stopped speaking to most of his friends (myself included) after he graduated.  We tried to get in contact with him for awhile and we finally heard his reasons about a year ago.  I won't go into detail on them, but I completely understand his reasons and want the best for him.  I love him dearly as a friend and miss him, but it just makes me sad that we (all of my college friends) had such a good friendship with him and now no one speaks to him.  


-----------------------------------------

And that's all, folks.  I hope everyone is enjoying your Thanksgiving holidays (hopefully y'all are getting at least ONE day off besides Thanksgiving!).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS