Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 28: Something That Stresses You Out

Oh, stress.  I have a way of making something so insignificant stressing me out to the point that my stomach is in knots.  I try to do better and pray about these things, but it's an ongoing struggle.  Here are some general things that stress me out:

-Mistakes I've Made
This kind of goes along with THIS post, but some decisions or actions I've done will stress me out.  I will create these elaborate "what if" scenarios in my head, WHEN 99% OF THE TIME NOTHING HAPPENS.  I just stress out about what could have happened because of what I said or did.  I know it's in the past and I should move on and I try to.  But it's hard.

-Traffic
My friends who ride in the car with me have gotten used to me getting stressed in traffic.  It's weird because as soon as I am out of the traffic I am completely fine and it doesn't stress me out.  I am convinced I should open a driving school to teach others how to drive.  Not only do I live in the Atlanta suburbs (so I am on 85, 75, or 285 a lot), but I also drive to work in a semi-rural place.  Do you know annoying it is to drive on a two lane, curvy road behind someone who is going TEN MILES UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT?  And you can't pass them or anything?  It's obnoxious, to say the least.

-My Future
Once again, this is something I can't really control completely.  I know God has a plan for me, but I just wish I could see the grand scheme of things!  I've recently had thoughts about changing careers, but that's stressful because I am almost done with my master's in education.  So I'd have two degrees (and a lot of money invested) that would get me nowhere.  That's stressful.  I do want to get married and have kids one day, and I'm not any closer to either one of those right now.  That's stressful.  

-The Environment
Okay, this is going to make me sound like a tree-hugger, and maybe I am, but the future of our environment stresses me out so bad.  I recycle anything I can and I try my best not to be wasteful.  I do my part, but it stresses me out when I drive by people's houses and they don't have recycling bins out with their trash.  It stresses me out when I see those commercials about the polar bears dying because of global warming (and I know there are lots of conflicting ideas about global warming- I'm not even sure what I think.  However, I love animals and I HATE HATE HATE to think of any of them dying out).  It stresses me out when I see trees getting cut down and cookie cutter neighborhoods being put up.  Both houses I grew up (one being the one I have moved back into) are in neighborhoods with lots and lots of trees.  I want that kind of neighborhood when I have my own house.  It stresses me out when I hear about dolphins and whales and sharks and birds and whatnot dying because of oil spills, getting caught in fishing lines, pollution, etc.  I just hate to think of what our world will look like in fifty or one hundred years.  I hope it's nothing like in Wall-E.


I know there is lots more that I stress out about, but these are general stresses.  I am off to get ready for church, the gym, and then catching up on tons of recorded TV!  Have a fabulous Sunday, y'all!

2 comments:

Kit said...

I stress about the environment too. I wish more people would so they would put a little more effort into preserving this place

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

We have lots in common! I too stress often about my future and traffic! Its comforting to know that God already has a plan for the both of us, but I just wish it was not so secret sometimes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS