Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Stop The Candy Shop

So I said yesterday that I went to this movie screening.  It was a screening at the Fox Theater in downtown Atlanta for a short, thirty minute film called The Candy Shop.  I went with some girls in my small group.  Powerful stuff, y'all.

Did you know Atlanta is the number one  city in the entire United States for child sex trafficking?

That's not something to be proud of.  I had heard that child sex trafficking was an issue in Atlanta, but I had no idea it was THAT bad.  According to one of the speakers last night (and you can find his information HERE), there are 300 sex acts performed with a adolescent girl each DAY in Georgia.  The average age of these girls is 14, but some girls are as young as 10 and 11.  It makes me sick to think of that going on anywhere in the world, much less so close to me.

The goal of the film is to bring awareness to this issue and ultimately, help end child sex trafficking in Atlanta and other cities.  You can find out more about Stop The Candy Shop by going HERE.  Or watch the trailer for the movie HERE.

Hopefully, with awareness to this issue and support of the community and legislators, we can eliminate this problem in Atlanta and in other cities.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS